Saturday, October 30, 2010

Life in Form 6 (5)

 Just finished my year-end exam this Monday but aiyoyo...my results are hell worse! =(
Although I only got the results for P.A. 2, Maths 1 and Biology, they already showed me how worse I've did, and I certainly can't imagine what marks I'll get from other subjects. Gosh, things are really getting tougher and tougher nowadays. Gone were the days where you could just start to burn the midnight oil without much to worry, slept during classes, while away your time gossiping during free period, etc. Now, everyday, people around you keep on reminding how hard you will have to study just to get a Grade B or C. During every free period, you will get to see 50% of your classmates studying, discussing and debating about some facts, figures and all sorts of 'booky' stuffs which will only give you headaches; teachers keep on lecturing about how precious time is; parents telling you the importance of securing a good future. Oh my God, how much space have I still left to store my subjects' information if I had to take in just about everything of those things? Help me, please!

Yesterday, we were just done preserving insects. It's an individual work but luckily, it was just a practice to sharpen up your skills, so that you can do a better job in preserving 25 types of insects during the holidays. The insects we used yesterday were locust/grasshopper and housefly. Houseflies were easier to deal with as chloroform was all we need to kill it. A little dose will do. Locusts needed more time as we have to dissect it's abdomen to get rid of everything inside, mainly it's digestive system. Though Miss Yeap said it is digestive system, we can't really be specific as our specimens were too small and everything looks almost the same (I mean, yucky stuffs do looked alike, don't they?), so we just took everything out. Then we stuffed the hollow abdomen with cotton soaked in formalin, pinned it securely on the polystyrene board and put it in the oven. (Sounds cruel, isn't it? But what to do? It's compulsory.). For now, we'll just wait for a week for the specimens to dry completely. In the mean time, we have fern's samples to do and that will also have to wait for a few weeks, or rather, we will have to passed it up on the 13th of November. Actually I am not able to catch a locust for my experiment but luckily, with the help of my dear In Sin, I managed to get one, with extra houseflies. Thanks, babe *Muackz* =)

A few hours earlier, I have attended a show about the acrobat's team from China in SMCC. Aww...there was one guy from the team who was soooo handsome, and a seven-year-old boy who was so cute that you'll feel like hugging him XD. Overall, it's a remarkable show. We were awed by their flexibility, strength, etc. Recommended.

There was one thing that bothers me for now. It's about KG. Why did he keep on asking me how would I feel if he really is with C.Yee? Kanasai friend, I'm asking you questions lah, why did you ask me back and keep avoiding on telling me direct answers? =_=
Hmmm... I think next time when you ask me that stupid question again I'll ask you back. XD

No comments:

Post a Comment