Thursday, June 5, 2014

Reflection

Received a call just now, and it's from my ex. I already expected that he would find me but didn't expect it to be a call.

What happened to him was what once happened to me nearly two years ago, with the girl being me and the guy, him (at that time). When he told me that he suspected his gf had less and less feeling towards him lately, a song/idiom just popped up in my mind... What goes around comes around.

Now don't take me as a heartless person. It's just that... it reminds me of the past, of what I've been through that time. I still remembered clearly every piece of details; from the day I suspected his feelings to the day I cried my heart out... and to the day I stand up and face the reality. Now this happened to him, and I saw the past me in the present him, except that he has yet to let it go and get back on his feet. Well, he needs time to nurse his wounds.

No one is to be blamed, as it's either the right person at the wrong time, or the wrong person at the wrong time. I once blamed my ex, just to make myself feel better, but in the end God shed light on me through my mom and by that time I knew, it's just not the right person. I am lucky enough to eventually find one that loves me as he loves the Lord and although I dare not say that he is the right one, as long as we both love God, He will lead our paths and keep us together.

Relationships come and go, and I believe all these happen with a reason, that is to learn and to grow. In everything that we do, there will always be failure and success, it's just a matter of one trying hard to shift the probability to success, and you learn that from past failures. You fall down, you get hurt, but you stand up, lick your wound and move on with something valuable learnt: Experience.

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger"
-Kelly Clarkson          

This also reminds me of a video by WongFu Production: The Last

Past relationships teaches you, prepares you and shapes your life, so don't be afraid to fall in love again. If you're not sure, be friends first. Don't rush and take one step at a time.



“Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?” (Isaiah 43:18-19)



No comments:

Post a Comment